Why do a third of women hate shopping?
According to a study of 2,000 women surveyed by Marisota.co.uk, about one-third of women in the U.K. say they hate shopping for clothes.
The results of this survey look a little something like this:
15% of respondents have cried on a shopping trip.
42% of women say that the whole experience would be easier if they had different bodies.
Body image issues for women are real.
These insecurities our often triggered by an industry that doesn’t exactly celebrate women as they are. But that isn’t the only reason women hate shopping.
Women avoid shopping because:
- They are embarrassed about trying things on in a communal changing room.
- Many stores don’t carry the sizes most women wear.
- Women today need to be everything: A perfect wife, mother, sister, leader, you name it. Because of this, there isn’t a lot of time for women to dedicate to style, let alone shopping.
- The staff isn’t always helpful.
- Women don’t want to spend a small fortune on clothes that will be out of style next year.
- And for some of us we are just plain bored with shopping. (Partially because we don’t even know what our personal style is…)
When women come to me this is where they are.
They are tired, overwhelmed and working 60+ hour weeks.
To them fashion feels like another thing to do.
It feels like another thing that is measuring how they aren’t enough.
I have had a an array of different experiences within the fashion industry. I have styled women going through job transitions, online entrepreneurs and Renee Zellweger in the film Chicago.
These experiences have further solidified what I already knew, finding your style is a journey. It is a journey of articulating who you are — both the parts of you that are overt, fully formed and figured out. And the core parts of your being that aren’t always out in front for the world to see. Fashion can transform you.
And knowing your personal style, can certainly also make shopping trips less painful.
To help you start this journey I have created a Shop with Style Starter Guide
The Shop with Style Starter Guide includes:
- A curated list of brands that consultants and stylists highly recommend. (This is not just a list of “every” brand out there. This list only includes the cream of the crop.)
- A simple list of the best stores (online + offline) for your style personality.
- The best stores to buy wardrobe basics, business attire, a classic trenchcoat and more.
Click below to buy the Shop with Style Start e-book now: